Have you been working from home and are thinking about renting your first office space in Sweden? In Swedish it’s called “att hyra lediga lokaler“. Well, before you rush into choosing the first office you find, you need to consider whether you actually need it. For instance, you can always settle for a co-working space or sublease rather than renting on your own. However, if your mind is already set on it, here is the best advice to help you rent commercial real estate in Sweden effortlessly.
- You should have a budget in mind before you start searching for spaces. Here, you need to consider what you can actually afford to pay for rent every month. Also, don’t forget to consider any other expenses that might be incurred before writing down your budget. You should ask the prospective landlord whether you’re responsible for the utilities or not and determine the right budget for your new office space.
- Next, you should think about the security of the area when you’re thinking about relocating to a new office space in Sweden. Certainly, you don’t want your employees to be mugged on their way to work in the morning or in the evening when leaving the office. On the other hand, if you rent an office in an insecure area, your clients might be too scared to actually visit. That’s why you need to research on the crime rates and incidences before signing the lease.
- Also, make sure that you rent a space where your whole team fits comfortably. Each member of your team should have a desk and personal space without squeezing into each other. Don’t rush into choosing a large space especially if you’re not planning to expand any time soon. Make sure that each employee in your new business has a space to work comfortably and choose a suitable layout.
- Hire a good commercial real estate expert in Sweden to help you with the search of a good office space in Sweden. Don’t hire the first person you find online or the first recommendation you receive without further research. You should visit the realtor’s website to determine whether he/she is a good match for your search of an office space. It’s prudent to look for someone who has been in the business for a long time and is reputable. That way, you can rest assured that they are knowledgeable about the area and have enough connections to find the right commercial space for your business needs.
- Finally, you need to consider your team members and clients when you are looking for an office space. Make sure that your employees have an easy time commuting to and from work every day. On the other hand, the place should be close to the major highways and freeways in Sweden to make it easier for your clients to find you. Also, if you haven’t hired employees yet, make sure your new office is in an area with a lot of potential employees to make it easier for you to find the right ones for your company.